Meet Twin Cities Lawyer Steven H. Sndyer
Areas of Practice
Steve’s adoption practice includes international adoptions, stepparent adoptions and grandparents rights
- Business Organizations
Our law firm helps with business formations, business purchases and sales, and non-compete contracts.
- Elder Law
Our elder law practice includes assistance with nursing home placement and health care decisions.
- Estate Planning
- Family Law
Steve is a Minneapolis family lawyer assisting clients with adoption, alimony agreements, child custody and child support, divorce, paternity, and property division.
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Real Estate Law
Steve helps real estate clients with easements, property purchases andproperty leasing.
- Surrogacy Law
As a Minneapolis and St. Paul surrogacy lawyer, Steve works with the International Assisted Reproduction Center, as well as surrogates, people looking for surrogates, egg donors, and embryo donors.
- Minnesota, 1982
U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1982
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 1982
Honors: Cum Laude
- University of St. Thomas, St Paul, MN, 1974
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Legislation to Govern Assisted Reproductive Technologies Introduced and Lobbied in 2002 and 2003 Sessions of the Minnesota Legislature
- “The Blessed Trinity and Beyond: Third-Party 'Contract'-ions,” a Series of Articles on Surrogacy Agreements, RESOLVE Quarterly Newsletter, Fall, 2005
- “The Use of Pre-Birth Parentage Orders in Surrogacy Proceedings,”, ABA Family Law Quarterly, Fall, 2005
- McNattin v. McNattin, 450N.W.2d169 (Minnesota Appellate 1990)
- Assisted Reproductive Technology, Continuing Legal Education Presentations
- “Assisted Reproductive Technology: What Every Family Law Attorney Should Know”, Minnesota Continuing Legal Education Annual Family Law Conference, 2002
- “Assisted Reproductive Technology: What Every Family Law Attorney Should Know”, Minnesota Continuing Legal Education Annual Probate and Trust Law Conference, 2002
- “The Difference Between U.S. and European Ovum Donor Programs: Paternalism versus Self-Determination”, Third Annual International Ovum Donation Conference, London, England,2005
- “Can Private Ovum Donation Agencies and Fertility Clinics Coexist in an Imperfect Universe?”, ASRM Convention, Montreal,Canada, 2005
- “International Fertility Tourism: WhyPatients Cross International Borders, and What Can Happen When TheyDo”, Fourth Annual International Ovum Donation Conference, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 2006
- Intended Parents, Ovum Donors, and the Children They Create: What Ethical Duties Do We Owe, and to Whom?, Fifth Annual International Ovum Donation Conference, Buck County, Pennsylvania
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association (Real Property, Probate and Trust Law, Law Practice Management, Family Law Sections)
- Reproductive & Genetic Technology Committee, Family Law Section of the American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association (Probate and Trust Law, Real Property Sections)
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Assisted Reproductive Technology Sub-Committee, 2001 Minnesota Legislative Task Force To evaluate the 2000 Uniform Parentage Act
Past Employment Positions
- Stillwater High School, Stillwater, MN, High School English Teacher, 1974—1979
- Delta Epsilon Sigma
We will charge you atour initial conference at our hourly rate. If you hire us after the initial office conference, we will credit forward the amount paid for the first half hour toward future services. If you do not hire us, wekeep the fees paid so we are reasonably compensated for the time and advice provided.